About Oncology Consulting
We provide consultations to veterinarians caring for animals of any species, with any type of cancer.
We will review case information in depth and provide a complete written report with recommendations and responses to specific questions. Please note that we are not able to advise pet owners or caregivers directly, because without the presence of a veterinarian / client / patient relationship, our recommendations would not be valid.
We will review case information in depth and provide a complete written report, response by -
Email $250, Phone $275 (note: this involves an emailed consultation report followed by a phone consultation to discuss)
Follow-up – Follow-up consultations for ongoing case management are $35 per contact
Optional additional information sheets: Chemotherapy protocol, $40 (if custom-designed, $70).
Information sheets on chemotherapy drug handling and administration, $15 each Client information sheets on treatment type, protocol, and chemotherapy drugs, $15 each, Client information sheet on tumour type and behaviour, $15
All fees are in Australian dollars, and for consultations inside Australia inclusive of Goods & Services Tax (GST) of 10%. For consultations inside Australia, payment can be made by direct bank transfer or credit card. For consultations outside Australia, payment is preferred by credit card in Australian dollars but direct transfer is also accepted (fees may apply).
Arranging a Consultation
Attention: if your clinic is not already an established client with us, please contact us directly at email@example.com prior to submitting a consultation request.
Please fill out and submit the online form. If you have any problem with the online form, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
A printable form is available if you would prefer this. If you would like us to email the form to you for your records, please email us at email@example.com
- If applicable, send all test results and reports by fax or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will report back to you the same or next day during our consulting hours by your preferred method (phone, fax, or email) with recommendations and responses to any specific questions you have.
- We will send you an invoice at the end of the month (see fee schedule).
Consultation Report Includes
What we include -
- Interpretation of current staging and bloodwork
- Further staging required
- Tumour behaviour and important prognostic factors
- Prognosis for the patient with no further treatment
- Treatment options:
- Preferred treatment option
- Primary treatment modality
- Adjunctive treatment
- Supportive treatment
- Less costly treatment alternative
- Palliative treatment alternative
- Any additional comments
- Preferred treatment option
- Attachments as requested:
- Chemotherapy protocol, standardized or custom-designed, depending on the individual circumstances
- Information sheets on chemotherapy drug handling and administration
- Client information sheets on treatment type, protocol, and chemotherapy drugs
- Client information sheet on tumour type and behaviour